Tuesday, February 08, 2005

 

stupid nation - try real education

I wrote this right after the election, but sadly, I can post it here now.

Well, I hate to say it but america gets what it deserves - again...
Point of fact is the average intelligence of your basic american voter is that of a 6th grader, so it's no wonder the election turned out the way it did. Unfortunately, as the nation becomes stupider, the populace is that much more prone to blindly following the type of "leader" Bush is. And as our nation's resources get spent elsewhere, the health and education of americans take the back seat, so we become even stupider yet. A big part of me gets non-dualistic about it; does it really matter? Would Kerry have been any better? Our choices were so limited.

So, I'm doing my best to stay present with this. Women's reproductive rights, energy policy, equal rights, education, worldwide and domestic environmental policy, stem cell research, international diplomacy, international criminal court, united nations, health care, separation of church and state, free speech...
No matter.

This is where I resort to non-dualistic thinking, and one of my favorite quotes:

Outside the ideas of rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there. (Rumi)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?